As the saying goes, everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day… and that doesn’t just mean humans! Want to share a little St. Patrick’s Day fun with your pup? This green smoothie for dogs recipe is the perfect treat for both of you.
Green Smoothie for Dogs
This smoothie provides plenty of vitamins, fibre, and minerals to the body, and it’s one the two of you can share – after all, you’re both worthy of receiving these healthy benefits.
This will make enough for a generous portion for your pup and a full glass for yourself!
- A handful of spinach
- 1/2 a cucumber
- 1 apple, peeled and cored
- 1/2 a banana
- 1/2 cup organic kefir (plain)
- 1/8 tsp Phyto Synergy
Prep your ingredients and toss them all in the blender. If you need more liquid, add some cold, filtered water.
Don’t feel like sharing in the benefits? Give your dog some now and freeze the rest in ice cube trays to give her later. Or, double the batch and freeze half and pop them out to add to your own smoothies in the morning.
What Else to Add
To up the health factor on this, there are several other things you can add to your green smoothie for dogs:
- Gut Soothe – a proprietary blend of anti-inflammatory herbs and pre and probiotics. It soothes and replenishes the lining of the bowel, fights yeast, and combats unhealthy bacteria. 2 tsps.
- Liver Tonic – supports the health of the liver by helping regenerate healthy liver cells and boost the organ’s ability to filter toxins from the blood. 1 full scoop.
Along with Phyto Synergy, these ingredients form the basis for Julie’s Immunity Smoothie Shot. It’s a part of her morning routine, and the morning routine of several Adored Beast team members. Even if you just use these ingredients, mix it with some organic juice and enjoy!
You can also switch out some of the fruits and veggies for other healthy options:
- Blueberries – rich in dietary fibre, antioxidants, and vitamin C
- Turmeric – great for its anti-inflammatory properties
- Apple – a good source of prebiotics, antioxidants, and vitamin C
- Coconut oil – anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, good for the skin and coat
- Kale – rich in quercetin (AKA Nature’s Benadryl)
- Pumpkin – high in fibre and gentle on the digestive system. Make sure you use pure pumpkin – not pumpkin pie filling!!
️ A wish that every day for you will be happy from the start and may you always have good luck and a song within your heart.